SLMPD Employment Opportunities
Full-Time Police Officer Employment Opportunity
- SLMPD is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Police Officer vacancy.
- Applicants must be licensed or eligible to be licensed at the time of employment.
- Further information is available under Important SLMPD Employment Documents.
Volunteer Reserve Officer Position
The SLMPD Reserve Unit is currently seeking interested applicants who meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 19 years old
- Good physical condition
- Possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Have no felony or gross misdemeanor convictions
- Pass an oral examination
- Pass a background investigation
- Successful applicants must complete the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Reserve Officer School. This requirement may be waved if applicant is currently enrolled in a law enforcement program.
Individuals wishing to apply can do so by downloading the general application form posted on this page. Once completed, please return to:
Officer Dennis Hansen
Reserve Unit Coordinator
South Lake Minnetonka Police Department
24150 Smithtown Road
Shorewood, MN 55331
Questions should be directed to Officer Hansen at (952) 960-1617, Dave Hohertz at (952) 960-1619, or James Lundell at email@example.com.